Monday 7 January 2013

Jellyfish Apocalypse Not Coming

Reassuring headline of the day. I emailed it to everyone I know.

Today wasn't bad, for a Monday. Fairly chilled, by all accounts. Probably because I didn't bother doing half the stuff I was supposed to. Motivation was pretty low on the agenda.

A few things of note:

1. My dance partner from before Christmas has returned to the office. So far he has failed to make eye contact with me, and ignored my attempts to start a conversation. I'm taking this as a bad sign.

2. One of the girls on my team has talked me into attending a zumba class with her on Wednesday. Given that I have actively avoided all forms of exercise since I was 18, I'm not entirely sure why I'm going. I also fear that my imagined co-ordination bears little or no resemblance to my actual co-ordination, so I'll probably just flail about in the back and be a nuisance.

3. The Boy hasn't messaged me. I kind of hate him for not messaging, and kind of hate myself for noticing he hasn't messaged, and for wishing that he would.

On the plus side, I have acquired a potential gay best friend, something I have wanted since the first episode of Will and Grace. The object of my platonic affection is a guy in the office (note to self: make more friends outside work) who is about to go on honeymoon with his new husband. We initally bonded over Agatha Christie and Downton Abbey, but we've taken our relationship to the next level (Facebook messaging) and he is now deeply involved in the ongoing Boy saga. The PGBF's latest message to me suggested that I just kiss the Boy and see what happens. He also advised that one regrets more what one doesn't do than what one does. Which is clearly rubbish, since I totally regret sleeping with that other guy from the office, and would totally NOT have regretted not doing it.

Still, he ended his missive "I just want you to have a loving story as you're great", which made me smile and also want to cry a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment