Friday 4 January 2013

T.G.I.F.

Thank god indeed. I was beginning to feel as though this week would never end.

Yesterday saw (to my immense joy) the return of the OC. I like to think he was pleased to see me too, though I couldn't be entirely sure - his illness has made him even more grumpy than usual. Sadly I find this endearing rather than off-putting, and so spent a sizeable chunk of my day thinking up witty things to email him.

I was also informed by one of the girls in the office that I was "absolutely brilliant" the last Friday before Christmas (the night of the wildly inappropriate dancing). This worries me somewhat, as I have absolutely no recollection of even seeing her. Neither do I recall leaving the pub, arriving at the club, how we got there or most of what we did on arrival. She assured me that myself, the OC (I had no idea he was there either) and my aforementioned dance victim partner were the drunkest people there, the most fun to be around, and definitely the ones having the best time. Am now totally paranoid that both she, the OC and anyone else from work who might have been in attendance witnessed our little performance (flashbacks of which involve us both pressed up against the bar, foreheads touching, and a certain amount of bum-grabbing on my part), and probably remembers more about it than I do. It'll be round work in a flash - our office loves gossip; the more scandalous the better. Thank fuck I didn't get with him. I might have been up close and personal with the line, but at least I didn't cross it.

Tonight was, in contrast, a calmer affair. A few drinks in the pub and then dinner in a nearby Italian which I deserve some sort of loyalty card to, the amount of times I've been. It was also much more sedate than the previous time I was there, which involved the crazy Polish girl in Accounts and one of the interns supplementing their respective dinners with three lines of coke each, one of which Polish did off my lap at the table. I thought she was getting something out of her handbag. The waiter did a triple-take and I thought we were going to get arrested.

Who needs to live vicariously eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment